You can request beam time at the IBF via the IBF application form (Teams doc). A committee reviews and selects the submitted proposals once a week. Shortly after submitting the proposal form you will receive an e-mail confirmation of receipt. Subsequently, we will evaluate your proposal and contact you if further information is needed to complete the proposal.
Rates for internal use (DIFFER only)
- running the IBF facility (including operators) € 1000 per day (ex. VAT)
- costs of analysis of the IBA data € 60 per hour (ex. VAT)
- additional (non-standard) equipment or materials
Rates for external use
- running the IBF facility (including operators) € 333,29 per hour (ex. VAT), € 2.666,32 per day (ex. VAT)
- costs of analysis of the IBA data € 85 per hour (ex. VAT)
- usage of non-standard equipment, materials, and expensive gases might incur additional costs
- collaborators can receive a negotiable discount
After the experiments
All collaborators, both in-house scientists and external researchers, are asked to provide DIFFER with a 1 page technical and scientific report describing the outcome of the experiments within three months after completion of their experiments. All publications resulting from experiments carried out at the DIFFER Ion Beam Facility should use the following acknowledgment phrase: We acknowledge the support of the Ion Beam Facility at DIFFER.