M.N. Tsampas, senior researcher
- 07/2014 - now: Senior Scientist, Group leader, Catalytic and Electrochemical Processes for Energy Applications (CEPEA), DIFFER, (the Netherlands)
- 11/2011 - 06/2014: Post-doctoral researcher, Institut de Recherches sur la Catalyse et l’Environnement de Lyon (IRCELYON) (France), Air cleaning, Gas treatment, Atmospheric chemistry
- 03/2011 - 10/2011: Post-doctoral researcher, The Cyprus Institute (CyI), Energy, environment and water research center, (Cyprus)
- 02/2010 - 12/2010: Post-doctoral researcher, University of Patras, Laboratory of chemical and electrochemical processes (Greece)
- 02/2005 - 01/2010: PhD in (electro)catalysis ,and MSc in Physical, chemical and biochemical processes, University of Patras, Laboratory of chemical and electrochemical processes (Greece)
Research unique identifier: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-4367-4457
Usman Mushtaq, PhD
- 04/2018–Present: PhD researcher. CEPEA-Solar Fuels. Dutch Institute for Fundamental Energy Research (DIFFER). Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Protonic-SOEC, co-electrolysis, CO2 electro-catalytic reduction, IR laser, vibrational stimulation
- 04/2018–Present: PhD candidate. Applied Physics. Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e). Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- 02/2014-08/2018: Research scientist. Fuel Cell Laboratories. Korea Institute of Energy Research (KIER). Daejeon, South Korea
- Design and development: Planar, Tubular, Flat-tubular Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (SOFC) and Stacks
- Class: 5~500W. SOFCs & DCFCs (stationary and portable type)
- 02/2012–02/2014: Master of Engineering. Advanced Energy Technology. University of Science and Technology (UST). Daejeon, South Korea
- Thesis title: “Effect of compressive stress on the area specific resistance and leakage of planar SOFC with Mica seals.”
- 08/2007–02/2012: Bachelor of Science. Mechanical Engineering. Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST). Daejeon, South Korea.
Marek Lavorenti, PhD
- 2020-now: PhD candidate, Electrode and Cell Development for Solar Hydrogen Production (Sun-to-X project) at DIFFER, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- 2019-2020: Research Staff, Catalyst Development and Testing for Reversible Alkaline Cell
- 2017-2020: Master’s, Synthesis and Characterisation of Platinum Based Alloy Catalyst for PEM Fuel Cells at University of Chemistry and Technology in Prague
- 2018-2019: Intern in Advanced Materials Dept. of Toyota Motor Europe, Catalyst Synthesis and Development, Brussels, Belgium
- 2013-2017: Bachelor’s, Preparation of ZrO2 Based Membranes for SOFC at University of Chemistry and Technology in Prague
- Interests and Hobbies: Hydrogen Production and Economy, Alternative Energy Sources, Catalysis, Calisthenics, Ice Hockey, Biking, Skiing, Travelling
Pramod Kunturu, Postdoc
- 2021-now: Postdoc, Gas phase photoelectrochemical water spliting, DIFFER, The Netherlands
- 2016-2019: PhD, Materials Science, Molecular Nanofabrication group, Supervisor: Prof. Jurriaan Huskens, University of Twente, The Netherlands
- 2014-2015: R&D Project Assistant, JNCASR, Bengaluru, India
- 2011-2013: Master of Science (MSc) Chemistry, Kuvempu University, Shivamogga, India
- 05- 07/2012: Summer Research Fellow, IIT Bombay, India
- 2007-2010: Bachelor of Science (BSc), Karnataka University, Dharwad
- Research interests and Hobbies: Photo-electrochemistry, Solar PV cells, Microfabrication, Thin-films, Volleyball, Skygazing, Travelling, Hiking & Nature walking
Sreetama Ghosh, Postdoc
- 09/2021 – now Postdoc, Carbon dioxide valorization: Water electrolysis, DIFFER, the Netherlands
- 2019 – 2021 Postdoctoral Researcher, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- 2014 – 2019 PhD, Alternative Energy and Nanotechnology Laboratory (AENL), Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India
- 2012 – 2014 M.Tech. University of Calcutta, India
Susanta Bera, Postdoc
- 2021 - now, Postdoc, Plasma aided nitrogen fixation by water in solid oxide electrolyte cells, Photoelectrochemical water splitting, DIFFER, the Netherland
- 2017 - 2021, Postdoc, ALD, Photoelectrochemical water splitting, Fuel-Cell, Pusan National University, South Korea
- 2011 - 2016, Ph.D., Solution Synthesis, Photoelectrochemical water splitting, CSIR-CGCRI and Jadavpur University, India
- 2009 - 2011, M.Sc., Chemistry, Vidyasagar University, India
- 2006 - 2009, B.Sc., Chemistry, Vidyasagar University, India.
Sina Haghverdu, PhD (joint with PMP/TU.e)
- 2021 -now, PhD, ALD electrocatalysts for water splitting, DIFFER@TU.e, the Netherlands
- 2018 - 2020: M.Sc. in Materials Chemistry, Stockholm University, Sweden
- 2013 - 2018: B.Sc. in Materials Engineering (Industrial Metallurgy), Iran University of Science and Technology, Iran
Interests and Hobbies: Materials for Energy Applications, Electrocatalysis, Valorization of Low-value C-streams, Watching Sports, Cooking, Table Tennis, Technophile
Ameya Ranade, PhD
- 12/2021 – Now: PhD Researcher, Emerging materials for Anion Exchange Membrane Electrolysis, DIFFER, the Netherlands
- 04/2021 – 07/2021: Research Intern, AquaBattery B.V., the Netherlands
- 09/2019 – 07/2021: MSc. Chemical Engineering (Process Engineering), Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands
- 08/2015 – 06/2019: B.E. Chemical Engineering, Savitribai Phule Pune University, India
- Research Interests: Ion Exchange Membranes (IEM), Membrane Electrode Assembly (MEA), Hydrogen Technology, Feasibility Assessment
Diwakar Kashyap, Postdoc
- 2022 – Now: Postdoctoral Researcher, Electrochemical Ammonia Synthesis), DIFFER, the Netherlands
- 2020 - 2022: Postdoctoral Researcher (Kinetics of hydrogen and hydrazine oxidation using Sampled Current Voltammetry), Institut national de la recherche scientifique, Montreal, Canada
- 2015 - 2020: Ph. D (Development of efficient catalyst for electro-oxidation of Dimethyl Ether and Methyl Formate in PEMFC), Ariel University, Israel
- 2013 - 2015: Junior Research Fellow (Indo-Korean Joint Research Project, Microfluidic fuel-cell for Implantable Devices), University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun, India
- 2007 - 2013: B.Tech - M.Tech (Nanotechnology), University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, India
Toon Petters, Research technician
- 04/2022 – present: Research technician at DIFFER, the Netherlands
- 09/2021 – 04/2022: Intern at DIFFER performing electrochemical research.
- 09/2020 – 02/2021: Intern performing electrochemical research at Research Institute the Lectorate at Fontys TNW.
- 02/2017 – 05/2022: Student of Applied Material Sciences at Fontys TNW Eindhoven.
Research interests and hobbies:
- Electrochemistry and chemistry in general
- Sustainability and regenerative agriculture
- Fermentation and mycology
- Psychology and mythology
Rutger van der Breggen, Research technician
- 08/2022 – now: Research technician DIFFER department CEPEA/SFFI
- 01/2022 - 07/2022: Graduation Internship at Bosch Security Systems Eindhoven, BT-VS
- 09/2020 - 02/2021: Internship at DIFFER Eindhoven, SFFI group
- 09/2018 - 07/2022: Fontys University Eindhoven, Engineering Physics (BSc)
- 09/2015 - 06/2018: ROC-Midden-Nederland, Utrecht, Chemical Analyst MBO 4
Interests: Astrophysics, Astrophotography, Quantum mechanics, playing piano, water polo, fitness
Mengmeng Lao, Postdoc
- 09/2022-now: Postdoc researcher in anion exchange membrane water electrolyzers, Catalytic and Electrochemical Processes for Energy Applications (CEPEA), Dutch Institute for Fundamental Energy Research (DIFFER), the Netherlands.
- 07/2021-06/2022: Postdoc researcher, Institute of Chemical Sciences and Engineering, School of Basic Sciences, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland.
- 01/2021-06/2021: Postdoc researcher, Institute for Superconducting & Electronic Materials (ISEM), Australian Institute for Innovative Materials (AIIM), University of Wollongong (UOW), Australia.
- 11/2016-12/2020: Ph. D. in Materials Science, ISEM, AIIM, UOW, Australia.
- 09/2013-06/2016: M. S. in Physical Chemistry, School of Materials Science and Chemical Engineering, Ningbo University, China.
- 09/2009-06/2013: B. Eng. in Chemical Engineering and Technology, School of Materials and Chemical Engineering, Ningbo University of Technology, China.
- Designing supported metal catalysts ranging from single atoms to nanoparticles for small molecules activation using electrochemical methods.
- Developing new electrochemical strategies for organic syntheses, such as selective hydrogenation of unsaturated organic compounds based on water electrolysis.